What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Drosera setup!

mikefallen13

Mr. veitchii
I thought some pictures were in order since i just finished my dew tank! The light is a 4 bulb VHO T5 which is making alot of light. I'm going to add foil to three sides of the tank so it should be even brighter. Now all I have to do is fill it up with drosera!!
100_3934.jpg

And the inhabitants...
100_3932.jpg

what are you growing in there? seems like a very pampered set up! hope they all do well for you!

excellent :)

All thats in there are a few dews and an un-id ping. The terrarium is on a bookshelf right next to a south facing windowsill. Oh, and before anyone asks the pistol on the second shelf in the first pic is a airsoft gun

@mike: hahaha. sorry, should have clarified...what kind of dews are you growing in there?

D. regia
D. capensis 'Bain's Kloof'
D. capensis 'Giant'
D. capensis 'Red'
D. hamiltonii
D. sp. pretty rosette
D. venusta
and a ping hybrid

'Looks good! Your ping could be P. x 'Sethos' or 'Weser' perhaps. Is that a 20 gal.?

nice. my only concern is your temps...be careful not to cook them. ;)
regia might appreciate less light--the far left back corner might be the best place for it.

Very nice setup! They will be growing like crazy in no time!

Nice selection.
Side question: What size pots are those and where did you get them?

Cheers,

Joe

Thanks for the compliments guys!
The Griffin: those pots, I believe there 4.25" square

Last edited by a moderator:
Fan in corner? To prevent mold?

Tarek: yes, and also to help keep the tempature at a reasonable level.

Nice idea, are this fan have some special features, or just fan and thats it? :)
As well i wanna ask, where water go down from terrarium?

nice set up, i need to get me a lighting set up like that as im sick of having this huge light hanging down and taking up room

Ok, temps have been about 80-84 during the day, and 65-70 at night, just about the range I wanted and everybody is looking happy and dewy. So far so good!

I had a bad experience trying to grow regia in a terrarium. What humidity levels do you get in there? regia doesn't like high temps or high humidity. More experienced growers might be able to give better advice but it was really a bad experience.

Back