What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosophyllum Lusitanicum in 14" pots Video

lovely! boy that one is sure loaded with flowers.

Your dewy pines are so healthy looking...with all of those flowers, with any luck at all, you'll end up with lots of seeds.

dvg

A lovely population of Drosos you've got there. I like the part where the focus shifts and the droplets go in and out.

Your yard must smell awesome!

Thanks for all the comments! I'm glad someone like the focus shifting part. I hope I get some seeds ;) The seed pods are visiable, not the flowers. The flowers are bright yellow. I need to get a vid or picture of those :)

Beautiful plants, Ian. I think your climate is just about perfect for this species. I loved your "Gnat Killer" video too.

Happy Growing!

Beautiful plants, Ian. I think your climate is just about perfect for this species. I loved your "Gnat Killer" video too.

Happy Growing!

But LOL, they're dying on me! I started out with 18 or so...down to about 8. The watering is the difficult part. Too much, they rot. Too little, they don't recover :-(

See my newest dewy pine video about rot.

Yes, what did you think of that gnat killer video? The only one I put serious effort into...

For your watering troubles, and deep-drip (water isnt released until it's, say, 10" deep) systems might help. Just a thought. Your plants look wonderful however! They have a very wind-hardened, stout, tank-like look.

Thanks for the suggestion! Here's a video of one growing straight out of the ground!!! Sorry about the sound...be prepared for bad quality. Somehow Youtube changed the sound.

http://youtu.be/npYtK9Yt6_0

Thanks for the suggestion! Here's a video of one growing straight out of the ground!!! Sorry about the sound...be prepared for bad quality. Somehow Youtube changed the sound.

http://youtu.be/npYtK9Yt6_0

:0o: That is so cool!! Wish we did not get so much rain and freezing winters or I would build a big mound of well-draining media and throw dewy seeds on it :lol:

For your watering troubles, and deep-drip (water isnt released until it's, say, 10" deep) systems might help. Just a thought.

could you go into a little more detail on this?

Back