What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

slackii leaf pulling what now

??? what to do next is the question ,after 3 to 4 months it has a plantlet:-D
plants10032012021.jpg

Three or four months is about right for this species. Just don't let it dry out and wait until it develops roots before transplanting it. Some people wait until the plantlets have developed a couple sets of leaves then pick off the bud and transplant to let it develop roots. Since it takes so long and so few strikes with this species personally I'd leave attached until it roots.

will the roots be on the same side of the leaf as the plantlet and when it develops roots i have to carefully pluck it from the leaf and pot it up,i really have no idea and do not want to mess up after the long wait,thanks for the advice so far nan

will the roots be on the same side of the leaf as the plantlet and when it develops roots i have to carefully pluck it from the leaf and pot it up,i really have no idea and do not want to mess up after the long wait,thanks for the advice so far nan

Yes, the roots will develop from top of the leaf, just as the shoot did. It will be a little bit off to the side, but definitely on the top. If you let it sit there, where it's happy, it'll be just fine for quite a while :)

thanks alot i can rest easy for a bit,i will update when i have roots to see if you helpfull folk think its time to remove,i think on the other 2 leaf pullings i took there are buds developing i am very pleased i am going to have more of these great dews:boogie:

Back