What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera lasiantha, flowering

About a month ago I found aphids on my pygmys (neem oil handled it), please bear with their ugliness.

On 3/21, one of the two lasianthas started a wooly flower stalk:
file.php

Ten days later, around 9AM:
file.php

file.php

file.php

The flower closed less than 12 hours after it opened.
file.php

D. lasiantha, slowly but surely recovering. The one that's flowering is eating some bits of freeze-dried bloodworm.

I'm very worried about the one on the right.
file.php

file.php

Thanks for looking! :)

and one of the old-timers decides to make an appearance again. :) i share your pain with the lack-luster pygmies. i've had my share of those, really depressing. that being side, im betting your plant can be saved if you put it in cooler and wetter conditions. my barbidgera and citrina did the same thing, but have made a wonderful recovery by doing the above.

Woohoo! There's a pretty flowers thread you might want to post in too: http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126296
Thanks! I will.

Good to see you thez. Been a minute...

and one of the old-timers decides to make an appearance again. :)
Hey amph :)

I'm actually headed to San Francisco for business on the 10th, then leaving Saturday morning. I wish I had more time, I would take the hour drive to California Carnivores and finally pay them a visit.

i share your pain with the lack-luster pygmies. i've had my share of those, really depressing. that being side, im betting your plant can be saved if you put it in cooler and wetter conditions. my barbidgera and citrina did the same thing, but have made a wonderful recovery by doing the above.

I hope that the problem is moreso the recent neem oil treatment they had due to aphids (little bastages...*squish*). The temp hovers between 80 and 85, and as far as I'm aware they're good with that temp.

The one that's flowering seems to be on the recovery for sure now. The other pygmy still looks like it just dove on a grenade...

yeah, for sure...also keep in mind that neem-oil makes plants susceptible to burning, so you're hit with a double whammy. dont know if cooler temperatures will completely solve the stunted growth, since neem oil by nature seems to do that by itself.

have fun in the bay area. lots of things to do. berkeley botanical gardens has a small cp collection, to help cope with your cp fix. ;) it's also a bummer that you leave saturday morning. we're actually having a meeting that very day at the berkeley botanical gardens---cool plants pop up from time to time for sale. you're missing out. :p

Curses! Maybe another time.

I'll still try to hit the botanical gardens during the week if I can.

Congratulations. I had them flower for me as well, 2 years ago... and then every plant soon thereafter died. I don't know why.

Picture004-9.jpg

Picture002-26.jpg

Back