What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nidiformis w. weird coloration?

mikefallen13

Mr. veitchii
I got a nidiformis a couple weeks ago in a trade, soon after a few of the plants turned red and stopped producing leaves with dew. So I have two questions, One is this that fungis that lives inside of the plant tissue taking over or some other pest? Two, there are a few other plants in a clump with the ones that are red now that still look great, so will these eventually decline and turn red too?

Sounds like they're just adjusting to the more intense lighting. The ones that still have dew should be fine. I've never had an issue with that supposed red fungus problem, but growers have said their plants spontaneously die on them. Never had this problem, and if 1 or 2 of your plants die during this process, they should usually regenerate new plants from the roots.

For reference, I've had plants in my pot with this reddish coloration, growing happily in a 4" pot indoors (on on the tray method) for the past 4 years:
Drosera_nidiformis_side.JPG

Ok good! Yeah I just put them under T5's so I guess they are just coloring up

Back