What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big ol' potful of Drosera roseana

Last fall I planted about 150 D. roseana gemmae in a 4" clay pot. This is what they look like today. The blooms are very sweetly scented! (I uploaded a really big photo, so click for a highly detailed view)
20120413-192820.jpg

I sent out quite a few packages of these gemmae to other TF members.....how did yours do?

I like it! Looks like miniature 'dew heaven.

Looks so much better then mine! but then again, mine have been neglected for months and have a moldy media. But that isn't stopping them from producing gemmae, despite the fact that in mid December they were gemmae themselves :D.

Alternate view:
roseana02a.jpg

Last edited:
:0o: Sweet, very sweet!

That is amazing Paul. I've always wanted it, but never done it.

Very nice! I want to try this!

gorgeous! thanks for sharing.

That is amazing Paul. I've always wanted it, but never done it.

You should have asked me for some gemmae back when I was giving them away! Next fall?

You should have asked me for some gemmae back when I was giving them away! Next fall?

Funny, I was looking for a place that sold this plant last night. I'll have to keep an eye out for you next fall!

Funny, I was looking for a place that sold this plant last night. I'll have to keep an eye out for you next fall!

Sorry you missed last Fall's giveaway. I had literally hundreds to share. Next time!

That's a beautiful sight!

Very nice, Whimgrinder!! There's something captivating about miniature Drosera species - so much sparkle in such a little space! :)

Well done.

Noah, now that's a blast from the past! And in Senegal now. With a recent sighting of Forbes on the ICPS board all we need now is to hear from Peter.

Ah well, back on topic.

Yes, pygmy Drosera are wonderful.

Back