What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. adelae - some pics of the species

Hey tommyr: is there a yellow-flowered clone in your group pic, or is that just cmaera flash? A yellow would be so cool!

They look white... Do you have the WHITE flowered form? Sure looks like it. That's supposed to be a pretty rare variety of the species

No, they're red.

How cold are your winters, tommyr? I live in a furnace...never less than 74F. LOL

1%20(16).png

This photo is amazing!! I've never really wanted to grow this species before, but now I do.

i agree fantastic flowers kyle

How cold are your winters, tommyr? I live in a furnace...never less than 74F. LOL

Outside it can get 0 F. and sometimes colder. Inside I keep it around 65-67 F.

Mine are blooming right now:

025.jpg

Merci beaucoups!

Cindy, I love the pics :drool:

Thank you for sharing :hail:

Love this plant...if only mine would flower.

I gotta try this species again, all these pictures were simply amazing!

Some updates! :-O

Then...
drosera_adelae_plantlets.jpg

Today...
drosera_adelae_cuttings_070612.jpg

Then....
drosera_adelae_plantlets_undrained_bowl.jpg

Today...
drosera_adelae_cuttings2_070612.jpg

Then...
drosera_adelae_plantlets_low_light.jpg

Today...
drosera_adelae_plant_070612.jpg

Absolutely incredible photos! (jimscott, cindy, etc.....)

I can't believe how much they look like D. regia, how long do the leaves get?

I will definitely have to try to get some of this plant, I really like the way the flower spikes unfurl; it sort of looks like a reverse-fiddlehead.

--Paul

Holy monsters! Now I wish mine would flower and get THAT BIG!

I can get mine to flower, but how in the world do you get yours so HUGE?!!

That's crazy Cindy. Like giant seaweed dews..

Man, the must like your temperatures! I want that monstrous single one. MUST HAVE :drool:

The longest leaf at the moment is 5" long. I read that it can go up to 10". :-O

The temperatures here are between 73F and 93F. RH fluctuates from 53% to 95%. Temperatures are not actually ideal for the group of plants...D. schizandra and particularly D. prolifera would melt if left in ambient conditions.

I believe that clone is particularly vigorous in my hot and humid conditions. I have another plant, Drosera adelae {Giant}, which is s...l....oooo..w. It is still one plant and only 1.5" across while I've gotten at least 40 plants from the cuttings from the vigorous clone! The Drosera adelae {Giant} also goes dewless once in a while. :-(

Well done Cindy!

Back