What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Capensis?

I have some seed grown Drosera crawling through my bog. The seeds were given to me as D. Capensis. After scattering them to the bog I didn't pay much attention to them other than noticing the pinkish/purple flowers. Looked the same as any other flower stalk I've seen of Capensis.

Well, it dawned on me that the leaf shape is completely different from my Capensis "Alba".
Alba.jpg

Cape.jpg

Not the best pictures, but should get the idea across. Is the second one some form of D. Capensis?

Looks more like D. filiformis.

I was going to say filliformis also.

Probably D. filiformis var filiformis "Florida Red". The new leaves are rolled rather than "folded" on D. filifofrmis vs D. capensis.

Aha!

That would be it. I do remember now getting some "Florida All Red." There wasn't any mention of it in the history of my trade posts...

Thanks!

A high percentage of "Florida Red" do not need dormancy so that could help to add to confusion.

Back