What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera regia: first sign . . .

Admittedly, not much to look at for the time being, but here are the first signs of germination from a couple of flasks of Drosera regia seed. They were, by far, the most rapid results in media that I have ever experienced, at exactly fourteen days . . .

Drosera regia: 23 May 2012
REGIA.jpg

Nice!

I find regia germinate rather quickly in normal conditions also, the trouble is keeping them alive!

Nice!

I find regia germinate rather quickly in normal conditions also, the trouble is keeping them alive!

I had always found that growing them under highland conditions worked well (their native climate is little different from Northern California); though I haven't had the species on hand since college . . .

That does seem fast, good work! I have a regia seedling that is enduring temps of no less that 75*F and has reached nearly an inch tall within only a couple weeks. It started out slow, though.

very nice david! seems like you're on your way of being the US's CP TC supplier. ;)

Here is a vial of newer seed, of African origin:

Drosera regia 31 August
REGIA812.jpg

Back