What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics of my Sundew

I only have one plant and it's a sundew. I keep it on my balcony and water it once a week. I'm usually ok about remembering. It's actually growing decently all things considered. I got it from my friend thez_yo.

06082012042.JPG

06082012043.JPG

Last edited:
Wow, those look awesome! :hi5: Good job :grin:

I've never seen so many flowerssssss

It looks to me that you have at least 2 different species of Drosera in there.

It looks to me that you have at least 2 different species of Drosera in there.

I'm pretty sure they're roseana, scorpioides, and something like omissa x pulchella.

just watch the heat or they will go dorment

I'm just glad it's doing well on my balcony because my last apartment did not get much light and I killed my last dew.

Once he has grown up I plan on reintroducing him into the wild.

Those dews look great! Agreed about the flowers, that's an unbelievable show they're putting on. However, about what you said about reintroducing into the wild, not a good idea. Those are pygmy sundews, endemic to mostly Western Australia, and it's not a great idea to introduce species not native to that area to another habitat. It's not good for the ecosystem and would be taking away from the diversity of the endemic species which inhabit your neighborhood/county. In addition, since they're pygmies, they're probably not going to "grow up" much more considering they look pretty mature and most likely won't get much larger, if any larger at all. Just my 2 cents. And thanks for posting the pics!

Nice smorgasbord of pygmys!

Once he has grown up I plan on reintroducing him into the wild.

Not sure what you mean by this, but bear in mind that none of these Drosera (you have three different types there, you know) is native to California, so planting these out "in the wild" is inadvisable. Perhaps you simply meant that you intend on moving the pot outdoors?

Back