What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The-'Fastest'-SUNDEW ON-Earth ... Will-'Always'-Be AUSTRALIAN so-to-Speak!!! >(*U^)<

Got some seeds of this from the ICPS seedbank a while back, and hoping they'll start sprouting soon, so I may be able to see the action in person!

Could someone please fill me in on what's happening on this thread? I'm very confused. Has a new species of sundew been identified or something? Is there legitimate literature on it? I'm trying to follow the conversations but they seem jumpy and chaotic; have posts been removed?

I also tried watching the video at the start of the thread, but I had a very difficult time understanding what was going on.

Last edited:
Don't worry, I have no idea what this thread is about either, and I've been looking at it for months. :lol:

Like the other poster, someone challenged the speed of a sundew to that a venus fly trap.

Like the other poster, someone challenged the speed of a sundew to that a venus fly trap.

http://icps.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=news&thread=5803&page=1#34901

The world-wide feedback on the PLOS ONE publication of the catapult-flypaper-trap (2012 September 26) exceeds all expectations. Its 75 ms motion beats even the Venus Flytrap. Until today the story has been reported by at least 73 international, mainly scientific websites including National Geographic, Science and Smithsonian Magazine. Le Figaro in France added even a soundtrack and a French translation to our video short-cut, published with the article (open access license, therefore everybody may use that version on his website if the publication and authors are cited).(note: emphasis mine)

The sundew is even faster at higher ambient temperatures.

Thanks.

We should just delete this entire thread and just put what not a number posted. I felt like I was losing my mind reading everything.

Also, it was my understanding utricula had the fastest trigger in the west....

My only question is: who cares? :lol:

do i need to watch the entire video / slide show where is the action shots , and the comparison VFT shots, am i missing the action VIDEO'S. not slides, they dont help really, do they?
i did watch about 10 min of the slides , i will continue to watch, if there are some video to see near the end.

Back