What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Petiolaris Group Drosera Propagation

I, too, have had D. paradoxa divide into multiple plants as in 6 or 7 new growing centers.

I have had D. ordensis divide naturally for me. This is the long-leaved form that I grow.

@blue: that is really interesting. any information on the ordensis plant and when does it divide? it could possibly be clone specific. in which case, i may have to coordinate a possible trade for a spare. i have the wide leaved form.

Last edited:
that's interesting. kula also shared with me that his paradoxa multiplied when the main plant was dying. is this similar to what happened to you? i dont know if that could be considered as naturally dividing over time.

have an ordensis seedling doing this odd thing.

@kula: Are all the leaves in the center of the last photo produced by the same seedling or just the larger ones?

@blue: that is really interesting. any information on the ordensis plant and when does it divide? it could possibly be clone specific. in which case, i may have to coordinate a possible trade for a spare. i have the wide leaved form.

Amp: I don't really see any pattern of when the plant divides but there must be a trigger of some sort. My petiolaris tank has little photo period variation but there are seasonal temperature shifts with the high temps being up in the 100's F. in mid-summer and only in the low 90's in the winter. The original source of the plant was Homer League and, of course, I meant to say it was a 'narrow-leaf' ordensis. I've had this clone for several years and it is now ready to divide for the third time.

@kula: Are all the leaves in the center of the last photo produced by the same seedling or just the larger ones?

Aloha Mark,
not really sure. Don't want to disturb it but it looks like the plant in the middle is elongated also. These are seedlings derviced for seeds that originated from Homer as well

Hello, Mach! Thanks for the reply.

Here is a recent photo of my D. ordensis with multiple centers.
P8075633.jpg

There are actually 3 growth centers to this. I have since separated and repotted them as they so obviously need.

Back