What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera of the Table Mountain Nature Reserve - South Africa

Hi,

here are some pictures, taken in a part of the Table Mountain Nature Reserve. Our goal at that day was to find Drosera ramentacea, which is known from there. Saddly, we have not been lucky at that day finding this plant. As we now know we started in the totaly wrong direction, so we ended up walking hours in the mountains finding only some Drosera trinervia. At the end of the day we found some interesting Drosera species. So, at least a small success for that day. The lanscapes and views down the mountains would have been worth doing the walk alone, but there is nothing better than to have both, Drosera and incredible landscapes ;) ;)

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0149-drosera_trinervia.jpg

IMG_0162-drosera_glabripes.jpg

IMG_0166-drosera_glabripes.jpg

IMG_0176-drosera_glabripes.jpg

IMG_0168-drosera_hilaris.jpg

IMG_0173-drosera_hilaris.jpg

IMG_0221-drosera_hilaris.jpg

IMG_0201-drosera_cuneifolia.jpg

IMG_0203-drosera_cuneifolia.jpg

(more pictures (and more species) of that location will follow some time later)

Christian

Last edited:
so does that cunefolia stick around all year? Or does it disappear into dormancy along with the trinervia and hilaris?

Sooo beautiful! Blue skies, sweet views, and Drosera... speechless
These are views that I probably won't get to see in my lifetime so thank you for sharing all these pictures and the pictures on the Lion's Head thread also. I look forward to more pictures.

beautiful pictures...nothing like in-situ pictures to tell you that you're cultivation practices are all wrong. :lol:
makes me miss my cuneifolia.

Hi,

thanks for the nice comments! Yes, Drosra cuneifolia from this area should have a summer dormancy. At least in my collection the plants regularly die back in summer.

Christian

I wanna go to South Africa! Always enjoy seeing CPs in the wild and you photograph the drosera so well.

Back