What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

d. tomentosa blooming, think?

From there, just place the pollen onto the stamen.
Not usually a good idea to confuse a person looking for help -- bad karma ... :poke:

Jimmy - I like to keep things simple - use fine tweezers, grab a stamen (down on the skinny part - the filament) & rub the end with pollen (anther) on each of the stigmas. Here's a simple flower pic to help. The flower pics on the web typically show simple flowers but many of our CPs are slight variations on the theme. The stigmas on many dews are branched into many parts - here's one where the stigma looks somewhat like deer antlers. In your last flower pic, your's come out to the side looking like translucent clubs.

the darn flower closed up within few hours the pollen didnt seem to be coming off yet , ?
can i cut this bloom open and use the ripe pollen on several flower on up the stem. and so on seem the way it closed it may have forced the the goodie parts together. ??

I wouldn't risk cutting open the flower. If it does close in a fashion to allow self-pollination, opening it may move the pollen away from the stamens. When the next flower opens, if the pollen doesn't come off easy, see if a toothpick can break open the pollen sac.

Back