What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help, don't know hat to do!

My sub tropical d. spat. 'fraser island' is going dormant(or at least I think so, it is growing all fuzzy in the middle with less leaf growth and not a lot of dew production). What should I do, soon the whole colony will be dormant:(:help:

Please provide a photo, and detailed description of your growing conditions. Thanks.

I agree with Whimgrinder. A photo would be a great help. Also high and low temperatures, amount of moisture in the soil and how you are watering, humidity and amount of light and what kind of medium are you growing in? Are there any signs of insects or fungus? Details can be important.

It's been cold up here, I'm still currently keeping the tray filled with 1 in. of water in the tray, don't know what the humidity is, decreasing light from windowsill, kept under fluorescent lighting during noon to night, potted straight into peat moss with very little perlite:) No bugs or fungus present.
SAM_2017_zps19a0405d.jpg
[/IMG]
SAM_2018_zps2bbc33a6.jpg
[/IMG]
SAM_2016_zpsd756d94e.jpg
[/IMG]
SAM_2015_zps357ad669.jpg
[/IMG]

These look like perfectly healthy, if somewhat light-starved, Drosera. If they are not very "dewy", then stronger lighting is needed. Otherwise these are in good health, and not (as far as I can see) heading into dormancy.

Seeing as how the Frazer Island form comes from a tropical island, I'm not sure if it is truly able to go into a "dormancy," per se. The "hair" in the middle is perfectly normal, and yes, they could use better light, as this form often turns bright red.

Agreed. Perhaps you are experiencing slower growth due to lower temps and light levels. It all looks healthy to me.

Back