What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Division?

Plant Planter

The Most Uncreative Name in the History of Ever
My Drosera spatulata that I have owned for now a month clearly has more than one plant in the pot. However, it might not have had enough time to recover from the nursery. I know the proper soil mix to use for carnivorous plants, so should I separate the plants, and if so, at what time? :confused:

Last edited:
usually not a problem-- you could leave as is. but if you must, plants should be at least nickle sized for minimum losses.

If I were you I'd just leave them be until they get settled into their new home. Dividing them isnt necessary as their health isnt adversely affected by overcrowding. Imo, they actually look a little better if they're crowded. See mine, doing fine growing side by side.
o1kje8jwyam1f2o3g.jpg

It can do okay separated, but I agree with homedawg:) WOW is that 'fraser island', mine won't want to grow red T-T

sundews seem to do just fine even when they are overcrowded:

IMG_0653.jpg

That is the densest clump of Drosera I have ever witnessed.
Quote time!
:0o: "I've never seen anything like that before."

Back