What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Propagating D. rotundifolia

SubRosa

BS Bulldozer
Quick question, can D. rotundifolia be propagated from leaf cuttings? TIA!

It sure can. Very easily too.

Ok then, thanks again!

Just backing up what cthulhu said. The ones I have growing in live sphagnum actually spread that way when I have the water level even with the top of the sphag - the leaves produce plantlets once they start to wither. It makes me wonder how many patches of rotundifolia we see in the wild are all/mostly one clone.

For some reason, this is a very difficult species to find in commerce. I've been looking to acquire a plant; anyone have a division to trade? Know where I can find one? Thanks.

i might have some seeds available this fall or late summer if mine produce any this year

For some reason, this is a very difficult species to find in commerce. I've been looking to acquire a plant; anyone have a division to trade? Know where I can find one? Thanks.

I got some D. rotundifolia for ya, email sent.

I have the Alaskan and Skagit Co. WA forms, if you want I can start some cuttings for you once they get a little more growth on them.

Back