What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Show me your awesome filiformis pictures!!!

Wow! totally awesome enjoy seeing all the pictures...

Here's my Cali Sunset as of an hour ago. This one is terrarium grown with my Florida All-Red.
IMAG0747_zps668052bd.jpg

This one spent the winter outside and has been there since dormancy.
IMAG0749_zpsd4b8c68e.jpg

They don't seem to like actual sunlight. Need ro move that one back in with the others.

Last edited:
in response to the chat convo gigantea, maybe it just comes down to the difference in: full sun in Michigan and full sun in Texas. I imagine it's MUCH more intense for you than it is for me.
Here's my tracyii growing in full Michigan sun..

I don't have that GH anymore, but it still looks exactly the same.. just with more prey.

It only gets full morning and evening sun. I do shade it ducting the afternoon hours. Hut yeah, I think Its a matter of intensity.

Wow! Love that Tracyii! You need to get one of those stone Medusa Head planters and grow it in that! e.g.
1014326_632278166789971_1998497912_n.jpg

dude.. that's genius!
I feel compelled to plan one, find one, make one, grow one.. like, asap.

That would be amazing!!1 Good idea for the hanging binatas as well.

Nice plants!

I always have trouble getting good single plant shots of this species, but here are a few group shots from earlier this year that turned out alright. Still a little blurry.

wowzers

WOW! I love my typical version, but those red versions and the Tracyi are crazy!

Pics of my very own filiforest..taken last month

wow.. now THAT'S gorgeous. All of my filiformis and var. tracyii are flowering like crazy right now. Hopefully in a year or two I'll have my own forest of them here.

hi Mark. Glad to see your still alive and kickin'.

Thank ya Travis, yeah, been a busy month, haven't been on the internet too much, so have lots of pics to upload, lots of growing going on.

I bet. I'll keep an eye out for your next update. They're always a nice treat..

Thanks..hard to believe I started with 6 plants...all this is from 2 years of seeding...it will be a solid mat next summer..no bare space. O_O

Thanks..hard to believe I started with 6 plants...all this is from 2 years of seeding...it will be a solid mat next summer..no bare space. O_O

If only I had the space!!!!!!!!!!!

Back