What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hybrid Vigor - post your hybrid pics.

Nice color on that hybrid!
I don't have anything to post yet, but in a few months hopefully my newly sprouted D. tokaiensis x spatulata 'Tamlin' and D. sp. Lantau Island x madagascariensis seedlings will have made some headway..... :D

Love the form on this one! It looks like its worshiping the sun. :)
D. venusta x capensis "alba"

Pictured with a typical capensis for comparison. The hybrid has much thicker leaves and a yellowish color.

D. venusta x capensis "alba"

Pictured with a typical capensis for comparison. The hybrid has much thicker leaves and a yellowish color.

An interesting cross. Capes seem to offer a lot for hybridizing, not the least being hardiness. :)

How about some F1 generation seeds. Most of these are probably crosses that haven't been recorded or done before.
Dadmirabilisxcapensis_zpsb2a4d7f9.jpg

DaliciaexcapensisRed_zpsdebb2340.jpg

DcapensisAlbinoxaliciea_1_zps9e5ca0ff.jpg

Dcapensisxadmirabilis_zpscfd995c1.jpg

Dvenustaxadmirabilis_1_zps69f77a1a.jpg

Those ought to be some sweet looking plants NaN!

Those are some very interesting-sounding crosses. Especially the capensis x admirabilis. 'Nice work.

Nice seed shots. I need to try and expand my dew collection.

I received this as Drosera 'Albino' x aliciae

Here is a shot of the original plant before I chopped it into little pieces lol.

Roots on this thing are beastly!

Very cool, Shortbus!

I know this is a bit old, but I'm planning on eventually creating a Capensis "alba"X Spatulata. I think that the Capensis X Spatulata hybrids in general are really cool, and a Spat X Alba or "ghost spatulata" would look interesting. I'm not sure if the albino effect would be accepted by all of the plants though. Spatulata tend to get pretty red.

Last edited:
The 'Albino' mutation is at best a codominant trait if not more recessive, so 'Albino' crossed hybrids tend to be slightly lighter in color, but not shockingly so.

Hi,
I got this D capillaris x intermedia from CA Carnivores in June. First pic is the day so got it. It’s been growing well outside and eating bugs. I’m going to bring it inside for the winter. I just got a new phone, so I need to take some better pics.

1cc5b63149b13cf4a630706098e21a4c.jpg

194b4d92d0ae5223f5028315046a627a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think I've heard of this cross but it is nice-looking. Do the leaves still stand above the ground the way they did in the first picture?

I don't think I've heard of this cross but it is nice-looking. Do the leaves still stand above the ground the way they did in the first picture?

There are new layers of leaves. I’ll try to take a better pic tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since the Halloween season seems like a good time for re-awakening the dead I thought it was time to bring this thread back to life. There are more Drosera hybrids out there than ever before and I'd love to see what others are growing. To add a little energy, I'll throw in these recently taken photos of some my own plants.

m-PA101089.jpg

Drosera 'Andromeda' (schizandra x prolifera)

m-PA101081.jpg

Drosera esterhuyseniae x slackii

Beautiful! I love D. 'Andromedia'
Does this count? Last time I read there was an assumption that all D. Burmannii and D. sessilifolia were likely hybrids. I love these little weeds!
20231012_073325.jpg

I was not previously aware of this thread as I joined this forum more recently. Thank you all for posting these delightful photos of my hybrid creations: D. x snyderi, 'Ivan's Paddle', and "Dr. Frankensnyder's Monster".

@adnedarn : After I hybridized burmannii and sessilifolia creating x thelocalyxiana there were a lot of the hybrid offspring going around. My very green Beerwah Australia burmannii pictured is the mother parent of the more colorful hybrid pictured. With the color of sessilifolia and larger size of the Beerwah burmannii. I gave a hybrid to another grower who reproduced it and inexplicably got a uniquely solid maroon plant. Soon after, more wild collected burmannii variants began to appear in cultivation. Leading some to suspect… I like best my easy to grow Australia trip souvenir Beerwah plant. Origin data adds value. Adnedarn, your photo looks a bit more like sessilifolia with such rounded lamina.

D. x thelo.jpg
D. burm Beerwah.JPG

Thanks, I have another clone floating around the greenhouses that stays considerably smaller and I believe I had read that sessilifolia was smaller so that's kinda how I was labeling them in my collection. I lost Beerwah a while back so I guess even with all my clones I may be lacking a burmannii at all.

Back