What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Sundew For Me?

I am looking for a sundew that meets a few requirements. I haven't kept CPs since I was a kid so please guide me in the right direction.

I would like something that does not go dormant.
I prefer something that can be grown by the light of a window (however I can supply a lamp if needed).
I would like the plant to catch fruit flies and other small flies that get inside my old drafty house (so it would be great if the plant didn't need a dome over it).
My house is around 73F to 77F, so a plant that fits that temp range.
It would be great if the plant was common and readily available.
Since I am haven't kept any CPs for a long time, I prefer a plant that has easy care.

That is all I can think of at the moment. Is there a plant that fits my needs?
Thank you for any suggestions!
:D

Drosera capensis 100%

No carnivorous plant should be relied on to provide pest control, but besides that aspect, I agree with Api.
Capensis!!!!

Good Growing,
Kenny

Catching flies is just an excuse to get a new plant. Or two....

Haha I know what you guys mean :)
I have been swindling my parents for the past two years that my little plants control the pest problems in our house.

Kenny

I've got drosera capensis typical and albino heading my way! :D
(Some seeds of albino too!)
Thanks for the replies everyone, wish me luck!

Good luck! Very hard to not have success with them, but fingers crossed/knock on wood your do well!

I've got drosera capensis typical and albino heading my way! :D
(Some seeds of albino too!)
Thanks for the replies everyone, wish me luck!
I sowed some D. Capensis Alba seeds 2 weeks ago. Wish us both luck. Imma first timer!!!!

Back