What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. paradoxa in water only

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date
@bluemax
Tearing the plant into clumps is a very dependable way to multiple the non or less hairy petiolaris complex species like paradoxa.

I have one plant left....

How's that one doing Jim?

D. paradoxa is a very cool looking plant!!

@bluemax
Tearing the plant into clumps is a very dependable way to multiple the non or less hairy petiolaris complex species like paradoxa.

Thanks, Cindy. I am right now trying to propagate several species of petiolaris 'dews including D. paradoxa from just leaf cuttings, tho' I understand that this is said to not be possible. I intend to try the same thing with root cuttings at some future time.

@jimscott - I am glad to hear that you have another. :) Maybe given some time it will produce natural divisions.

Thanks, Andrew.

I'm wrong, it is D. paradoxa. And Cindy is correct, if you tear off groups of leaves and keeping the "scalp" (as mach explained to me :) ) you should have success. Mach actually suggests just tearing a plant into parts... rather than taking cuttings from a plant, then each part becomes a plant quicker and stronger.

It's hanging in there. I may take leaf pullings.

Back