What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera from North-eastern New South Wales

Hey all,

I just wanted to share some photos of carnivourus plants in their natural habitat, I took all these photos last September.

Drosera spatulata growing in the lawn, when I returned this year, this area no longer had the Drosera growing in it.

IMG_9014.jpg

IMG_9009.jpg

IMG_9007.jpg

IMG_9001.jpg

IMG_8999.jpg

Drosera spatulata growing on a fire break
IMG_9024.jpg

IMG_9048.jpg

IMG_9104.jpg

IMG_9124.jpg

IMG_9125.jpg

IMG_9134.jpg

IMG_9135.jpg

Drosera peltata
IMG_9103.jpg

IMG_9104.jpg

IMG_9105.jpg

Drosera pygmaea
IMG_9118.jpg

IMG_9123.jpg

Drosera binata
IMG_9025.jpg

IMG_9026.jpg

These plants were all growing around a large pong with trees over head so they were in shade most of the day.

Drosera spatulata
IMG_9072.jpg

IMG_9096.jpg

IMG_9097.jpg

IMG_9098.jpg

Some Utrics, I can't recall their names off the top of my head, sorry about the fingers, I couldn't get the camera to focus on the flowers.
IMG_9075.jpg

IMG_9076.jpg

IMG_9082.jpg

IMG_9089.jpg

IMG_9089nhj.jpg

IMG_9099.jpg

There was Aldrovanda growing amongst this plant however the shot didn't work out. There was also some aquatic Utrics.
IMG_9102.jpg

Sphagnum
IMG_9088.jpg

Hope you enjoyed those, of you have any questions, I would be more than happy to help.
Matt

I would bet at least the larger of those Utrics is U. dichotoma or one of its close relatives, judging from flower shape and the purple color.
Those red spatulatas are great!

Thanks very much! I think that the purple one could be U. dichotoma. The white one I think is U. caerulea?
Thanks, I like them very much as well, I got permission to collect a few from some if the lawns they grew in, they were considered weeds. When I returned this year I didn't find any growing in the lawns anymore. All the plants I found from here where white flowered.

Thanks for sharing these photos. I love seeing the plants growing in nature.

I recognize D. binata.

No worries! Seeing them in the wild was amazing and made me appreciate them so much more.

Back