What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Byblis flowers

Hello all,
This is the first time I've had B. liniflora around long enough to get it to flower, so I decided to share some pics. I was rather impressed with the lilac/mauve coloration the flowers had, instead of the pics I often see of bright pinks... :) though I know it's well within the normal color range.

I've had 3 plants all flower so far, and I've cross-pollinated them, so hopefully seeds will follow.... and the rest are all about to flower.

Nice pictures! Hand-pollinate for a better seed set.

I did, at least as best as I could with just a toothpick available.....but pollen was transferred, I know that much.

'Nice to see this species getting some attention. I think it is a lot cooler than most people realize. Congrats on the blooms!

They self-perpetuate rather nicely in a terrarium setting.

congrats on the flowers and hope you get enough seeds,do you grow them in natural light/photo period ?

No, house design doesn't allow for that...nor does the weather (snowing as we speak... )
I grow them under lights, not sure what all the details and specs are for them but cool white and really bright, though they get some morning and evening sun through the window the greenhouse is by, more during winter so they're especially happy right now. Photoperiod is probably nearly 16 hour.

cheers for that,maybe i will have a go one of these days

They're pretty easy if you have the right soil. Standard peat/perlite mixes never worked, so I went with sphagnum/perlite and they took off.

thanks,your advice is appreciated

Back