What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oooooh your Pulchella are so green! They are pretty!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

D. capillaris "FL Long Arm by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
Outdoors, dews are awakening too...been struggling some with this locale inside, but the one I put outside is about to flower
D. filiformis "Lakehurst, NJ" by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
D. intermedia "Carolina Giant" by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
Won't be until later in the year that the binata complex begin to put out their best leaves, but the bigger pots have already made a difference
D. 'Marston Dragon' by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
D. multifida by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr

Wow, nices droseras. I have capensis and spathulata. Can you tell me how to get more species? I am from Europe. Do you have some advice how to get more droseras? They are the best.

I has seeds from this locale finally...as always, my threadleaves do much better outdoors than inside, but they don't seem to do so well overwintering outside...grrr...
D. filiformis Lakehurst, NJ by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
Terrible photo, but my favorite threadleaf
D. 'Dreamsicle' by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
My monster multifida colony
Might be natalensis? Sprout from one of the random seed packs I lost the identity to before it went into storage...so I tossed them in a Sarr pot
D. natalensis? by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
'Marston Dragon' is also a monster, though the leaves don't fork much save in spring...
D. 'Marston Dragon' by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
Which makes this clump in the pot suspect. I think I accidentally moved part of my multifida extrema into here when I was trying to remove the 'Marston' stowaway that got into its pot.
D. multifida extrema? by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
Staghorns also finally getting big again, though no major branching this year...
D. dichotoma by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
D. intermedia Carolina Giant by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr

Hopefully with repotting these will reach their proper adult size and appearance (the Gold Coast form is phenomenal)
D. spatulata "Gold Coast, SE Queensland" by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
One of my spat hybrids, but one pic isn't enough to convince me to make a post in the hybrids thread right now..
D. spatulata Beenak, Victoria x 'Tamlin' by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
Two survivors! Now I just need to get them to set seeds
D. burmannii Gunung Keledang by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
New arrival! Had this species once before, hopefully I can get it to reproduce and stick around this time (new lights may help)
D. aberrans by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
And, so long as my remaining schizandra plantlet gets its butt back in gear and grows up again (rot, we hateses it!), this other new arrival completes the Queensland collection!
D. Andromeda by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
D. roseana by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
D. roseana by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
The tall towering plants, they never photograph well for me...
D. scorpioides pink flower by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
D. citrina var. citrina by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
D. platystigma A by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr

The tuberous dews, they awaken...
D. hookeri "Greenvale, Victoria Au" by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
D. menziesii by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
D. hookeri "Brighton, TZ" by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
This one's been up the longest (several weeks now), but it stalled and took forever to go anywhere, so leaves are only just starting to finally unfurl
D. zigzagia by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
D. auriculata "typical" by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
That this cultivar was once almost lost amazes me...it's a weed
D. capillaris 'Emerald's Envy' by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr

Last edited:
I was told the "Gunung Keledang" form is supposed to have mostly white flowers...
D. "burmannii Gunung Keledang" by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
However, this guy looks very different from the pot-jumping hybrid I have that does have pink flowers, so currently I'm on assumption I've got a pink-tinted form whose color has been enhanced by my lights.
D. "burmannii Gunung Keledang" by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
D. venusta begins to return to health. Now if only I could get the antho-free form looking this good again; I have no clue what the problem is for sundews in this greenhouse....
D. venusta by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
D. oblanceolata "Sunset Peak" by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
D. anglica "Alakai Swamp, HI" by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
zigzagia has bloomed! My first non-peltata complex tuberous sundew to actually flower for me, and the third yellow-flowered sundew in the collection
D. zigzagia by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
D. menziesii is beginning to get lengthy. And, it's produced a second stem
D. auriculata "typical" reaches for the sky as well. Flowers soon to come for this one too
D. auriculata "Typical" by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr

In this pot, most of the burmannii present are a "red tentacle" variety whose flowers never seem to make petals. Then there's this weirdo
D. burmannii (hybrid?) by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
As you can see here this one's also larger, less red in the tentacles (more so in the leaf itself), and has a different shape. With where the pot's located it's rather surprising if the pot-jumping "sessil" x "Humpty Doo" seeds got into it, but that's the only thing I can conclude.
D. burmannii (hybrid?) by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
And sharing the pot, the headache-inducing riparia. Does about equally well for me in bot sphagnum and peat mixes, meaning it dews up nicely for a week or two and then sulks for no particular reason for another week, and so on...and never gets bigger
D. riparia by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
Lastly, not opening the other thread just for this: a new hybrid flower
D. oblanceolata "Sunset Peak" x brevifolia by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr

D. spatulata Fraser Island by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
D. spatulata var. gympiensis by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
D. tokaiensis by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
Very strange this menziesii...its first two flowers have come straight out of the soil
D. menziesii flower by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
D. menziesii flower by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
D. burmannii "Humpty Doo" by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
D. burmannii "Humpty Doo" by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
D. kaieteurensis by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
D. nidiformis by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
D. spatulata "Ivan's 3-way Australian" by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr

That D. menziesii flower is interesting! I once had a D. ordensis produce a flower straight out of the soil like that. 'Not a clue as to why.

That D. menziesii flower is interesting! I once had a D. ordensis produce a flower straight out of the soil like that. 'Not a clue as to why.

In this case I'm fairly certain it's a chance issue, a new stalk that developed off the tuber that just made a couple flower buds and resulting partly from this being a young plant flowering for the first time ever.
[MENTION=11505]FrankenSnyder[/MENTION]: Sadly, I don't think I've ever seen photos from anyone else for the 3-way. Granted it was a little fussy for me for a while because I had it in not-so-good soil, but still...and it very much seems to carry a lot of the traits of gympiensis.

Back