What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everyone claims something different, as does its habitat. Very tropic lowland/intermediate in nature though exposure may vary this, some people keep it hot, I keep it slightly on the cooler side, don't think it actually cares so long as NO TOUCHY.

In process of repotting all my surviving woollies (which, luckily, is most of them). Some have truly ridiculous flower stalks...
D. aff. paradoxa "N. of Drysdale River Station" by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
Belongs to this little thing
D. aff. paradoxa "N. of Drysdale River Station" by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
Also repotted my hamiltonii. their ridiculousness is underground
D. hamiltonii by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
D. hamiltonii by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
Simple flower on an uncommon cross that needs a pot upgrade
D. oblanceolata "Sunset Peak" x brevifolia flower by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
D. aff. ordensis cross by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
D. aff. lanata "Flying Fox Creek" by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
D. falconeri by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr

Shortly before repotting, Jackson Co. MS capillaris from Ivan Snyder
D. capillaris Jackson Co. MS by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
And the tuberous sundews are finally starting to reassure me that I'm not completely failing with them
D. tubaestylis by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
Though the ones on the edge of the tent in lower light might need a little more help...
D. aberrans by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
D. aberrans by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
A hybrid that I've been trying to wait for flowers to photograph, but the stalks keep aborting
D. affinis "Uningi Pans, Zambia" x anglica "Hawaii" by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
D. affinis "Uningi Pans, Zambia" x anglica "Hawaii" by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
linearis back in bloom for their "winter round" of growing (they get double cycles every year here).
D. linearis by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
D. linearis by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
And "Andromeda" has begun going nuts
D. 'Andromeda" by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
D. 'Andromeda" by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr

Crappy pics, but new blooms (plant went halfway dormant before blooming, oddly)
D. lanata "Northern Territory" by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
This one did not appreciate repotting, but is beginning to return to former glory
D. falconeri x ordensis by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
And made a PINK flower
Still one of my fav hybrids, shortly before repotting
D. 'Childhood Wishes' by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
And got the northern fils blooming again. Barely got lucky and crossed the last flower with one of the last from anglica Kanaele, hopefully it takes
D. filiformis Nova Scotia by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
Another oddball that got repotted
D. "Florida Giant" x sp. Lantau Island by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
And a tuberous sundew that's reassurring me that I'm not a complete failure growing this group

A nice collection for just random shots. Nice to see that your tuberous and petiolaris 'dews are doing well. My filiformis (indoor, in the garage) are starting to sprout out now but yours are much further ahead.

Still struggling with Petiolaris, actually; some seem to enter a sort of half-dormant state but never go fully dormant, and seem to have problems when they do so whether I keep them moist or let them dry out. I've lost my Prison Tree derbyensis recently to this, and the larger of the two falconeri. Need to practice taking pullings so there are extra plants no matter what the original does...

I hear you. I struggled for years because the set-up needed to be successful with them here is so artificial. Fortunately, that doesn't translate to super-difficult but it is very different than I've done for other sundews. Growing highland Nepenthes would be much harder. Or you could live in Singapore and grow them on your apartment balcony. ;)

Crappy pics, but new blooms (plant went halfway dormant before blooming, oddly)
D. lanata "Northern Territory" by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
This one did not appreciate repotting, but is beginning to return to former glory
And made a PINK flower
Still one of my fav hybrids, shortly before repotting
And got the northern fils blooming again. Barely got lucky and crossed the last flower with one of the last from anglica Kanaele, hopefully it takes
Another oddball that got repotted
D. "Florida Giant" x sp. Lantau Island by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
And a tuberous sundew that's reassurring me that I'm not a complete failure growing this group
Mine went dormant already.

Back