What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Lone Tentacle

pro.jpg

Anyone ever have this happen? This is one of my Drosera prolifera plants, which consistently produces leaves with a single tentacle and gland on the stem.

Save that strain!

I have never seen this before in any of my Drosera or Drosera prolifera that I ever grew. I'd love to acquire a clone of your plant some day.

Really neat trait.

Very cool. Have you ever fed the single tentacle? Add me to the list, I want to raise this plant! Would a leaf pulling pass on the trait?
Please post more photos! :D

what the crud? that tentacle is sooo wierd! perhaps u can name this cultivar after you or somethin' if it turns out to be a new one :p

That's actually really cool. You might want to try some leaf pullings (or TC if you can) and get some plantlets out of that guy.

That is so cool! I wonder if that tentacle could catch anything by itself.

Strangely enough, the plant has gone back to producing normal leaves. It produced maybe a dozen leaves in succession that each had the "lone tentacle" on the leaf stem, and now it has produced 4 in a row without it. Here is what the plant looks like now:

20140216_143252.jpg

Strange, wonder what made it start producing the lone tentacle. Wonder what made it stop . . .

Back