What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robster_24's Carnivorous Plants

Oh, and an update on the Paradoxa division!

and Its already rooted!

What a cool little plant.

The little paradoxa looks great. It says a lot about your conditions that it rooted and began to grow so quickly.

ya, my conditions actually need some work, the reason the plant looks good is because I put a dome over the top of it... so the humidity is good in there but not outside of it. I might need to invest in a terrarium..???

Perhaps the higher humidity is only needed when you are rooting a cutting? I find that whenever I am dealing with most plants, especially bog plants, that have a compromised root system raising the humidity increases the chances of success. But afterwards you can sometimes drop the humidity level. Or not.

I just got my shipment from Cooks Carnivores! and It looks great!

Last edited:
From this guy:

I've been taking leaf pull clumps and ~3 weeks later I get these:

Cool! No water floating, no tissue culture, just shove them in the spag and they grow, love it! Ill try this when I have some spare leaves. :rookwoot:

I love how so many CPs can be easily propagated by pulling bits off of existing plants.

Okay, Its been a while since my last update... so lets get started!

My Drosera Paradoxa has grown leaps and bounds since I got it! (and I discovered a little surprise!)

As for the D. Falconeri it has finally acclimated to my conditions! and it is putting out ever larger leaves! (The black dots on the leaves are extremely small insects that live in the soil, that I can't seem to get rid of... Well at least they keep the plant fed.???

The Paradoxa division from the mother plant is doing great!

No new Petiolaris complex for now... For I have been busy with other cp projects, but I plan on getting other species soon! (if any of you have any spare petiolaris drosera around.... I would be happy to buy them! Thanks again for all the support!

-Robby

Your plants look great! Congrats on the flower scape, and your falconeri looks great : )

Very nice plants.

I love your falco :)

Seeing pics like this makes me internally go...

BUY...

ALL THE DROSERA!

Very neat! I love seeing pics of them. One day I'll attempt to grow some.

Seeing pics like this makes me internally go...

BUY...

ALL THE DROSERA!

Heheh

Drosera.jpg

Thanks for all the kind feedback! It appears that the paradoxa aborted it's flower stalk. :( I'm not sure why but I'm not mad, for the plant is still young.

The plants are looking great. Not to worry about the paradoxa flower. I find that this species, at least in my conditions, is always ready to throw out more. Some petiolaris species only bloom occasionally but paradoxa is different that way.

Alright! so for what ever reason I haven't posted since JUNE! and here I am back again! A lot has changed since then.

Anyway here is some of the plants I grow indoors nowadays...

IMG_1588_zpsaa3bac64.jpg

you can see I have so many paradoxas that I grow them on the inch or so deep sphagnum on the bottom of the tray! And the seem to do fine!
IMG_1589_zps78cc4e52.jpg

IMG_1590_zps924eb77f.jpg

IMG_1591_zpsd7d9ade0.jpg

IMG_1595_zpsfe02b4ff.jpg

IMG_1596_zps41ff5082.jpg

IMG_1597_zpsec48c435.jpg

IMG_1599_zps8beca86e.jpg

IMG_1600_zps826432cb.jpg

This one shows just how shallow some are growing in!
IMG_1602_zps99587b68.jpg

I know my falco looks like CRAP! I'm not sure why it is still alive! I repotted it in to a smaller pot recently with pure lfsm because it has no roots and it was suffering from a fungal attack or something...
IMG_1594_zps64c35930.jpg

Now here is some stuff outside of my petiolaris environment...
IMG_1603_zps3ffd4582.jpg

This D. Adelea always has a weird dark red patchiness to it...
IMG_1604_zps655e3741.jpg

IMG_1605_zps41b29c12.jpg

here's some more D.Adelea
IMG_1608_zps74fd9d24.jpg

some D.capillaris seeds I sprouted recently,
IMG_1611_zps7e5542c2.jpg

IMG_1612_zps53f175c4.jpg

Also some stuff I have growing in a seedling tray (mostly Capensis)
IMG_1613_zps734a98dd.jpg

IMG_1614_zpsfaff2562.jpg

IMG_1616_zpsb197c83d.jpg

another D. Capillaris seedling getting photobombed by a bunch of capensis...
IMG_1617_zpsd979e78d.jpg

IMG_1618_zps735e7a2c.jpg

Oh! and here is something interesting! this is a D. Capensis Alba and it is about 6 months old and it cant grow big because it has a mutation that makes it unable to produce dew! so it cant receive any fertilizer!
IMG_1619_zpsf7c88120.jpg

Last edited:
Somehow I doubt the cape has any actual mutation, especially as I see a dewdrop in the pic....they will lose dew due to a number of environmental conditions though, from humidity to soil to temperature to pests.......
Also, you can still feed it. Like any plant liquid fertilizers can be taken up by the leaves, and once it gets growing you can confirm or deny whether or not it actually has a dew issue or if there is an environmental issue....

Back