What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hallo!

I just wanted to share some of my Drosera with everyone. These are some photos of 4 plants in my collection. I've got a couple more which I will post at a later stage.

Enjoy!

My first plant! D. Capensis Or the "Sun Grabber" as I call it. I grow it outside and it grows in a way that looks like it wants to catch the sun :-))

3764.jpg

3760.jpg

3761.jpg

3766.jpg

3768.jpg

3773.jpg

Some of the seed fell into the pot when it flowered and germinated.
3770.jpg

My large D. Binata starting to grow back
3775.jpg

3776.jpg

3777.jpg

3779.jpg

3780.jpg

Smaller form D. Binata
3782.jpg

3783.jpg

3786.jpg

My Venusta

3787.jpg

3788.jpg

3791.jpg

I got these from my cousin, really want to replant the Pygmy's but afraid they might not make it.

3794.jpg

3795.jpg

3796.jpg

3797.jpg

3798.jpg

Well-grown! D. capensis is my favorite sundew!

I personally wouldn't try to move the pygmies anywhere--just wait for gemmae and make yourself a whole new pot full. I have successfully transplanted them before but always lose a few.

Very cool! Sundews are currently my favorite and make up the majority of my collection. But I'm also just beginning so who knows where this addiction will take me.

I like sundews because they are beautiful, relatively fast growing (some of them) compared to some other CPs, and their small size makes them reasonable to grow without getting a greenhouse.

Nice venusta! I have several and they just keep spreading for me through the roots.

Thanks all!, yes I must agree. Sundews are my favorite CP's and I can't stop collecting them! need more and more. :0o:

I currently have 12 different species of Drosera in my collection, some of them have just germinated and some of my gemmae just budded and I have some more species incoming from another collector :-D (D. Regia and not sure what else he is including in the package)

I've built myself a terrarium in which I germinate my seeds and Bud the gemmae. Will post some pics on the terrarium sub-forum.

Back