What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Little Burmannii and and Pygmy's

Hi

Growing some Burmannii from seed and Pygmy's from gemmae :-D

3854.jpg

3853.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! I love pygmy sundew gemmae!

Looks great. Will form quite a nice clump. Have you been feeding your D. burmannii? I have a D. capensis seedling that I just started feeding once it had 3 established gooey leaves, and now it is taking off so fast since feeding little teeny tiny bits of re-hydrated dried blood worms. Producing newer and larger leaves each time.

Looks great. Will form quite a nice clump. Have you been feeding your D. burmannii? I have a D. capensis seedling that I just started feeding once it had 3 established gooey leaves, and now it is taking off so fast since feeding little teeny tiny bits of re-hydrated dried blood worms. Producing newer and larger leaves each time.

Hi,

Thanks. Yes I have actually fed them with crushed Beta pellets and the little beasts ate it all up! :spider:

I've got Capensis seeds next to the Burmannii pot that I planted the exact same day as the burmannii but they are growling a lot slower.
IMG_20140529_065446.jpg

Hope you can see, had to use crappy camera phone. little green specs in the pot

Last edited:
Burmanii in my experience never gets tired of eating, in fact it shrinks if you dont feed it. I also grew mine from seed and fed it ants and it took off right away, until it got to about the size of a half-dollar coin then I fed it bees and flies. It flowered real fast too as a result. Too bad its an anual.

Burmanii in my experience never gets tired of eating, in fact it shrinks if you dont feed it. I also grew mine from seed and fed it ants and it took off right away, until it got to about the size of a half-dollar coin then I fed it bees and flies. It flowered real fast too as a result. Too bad its an anual.

I will keep on feeding them. I have read a lot of info with regards to Burmannii and I see some people have had luck with keeping theirs alive when they feed like crazy. Will see what happens.

Back