What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What to do with lots of spare sundews.\

Drosera adelae is creating several clones of itself, and a tray full of sphagnum moss had 3 rotundifolia sprout in the past few days, with quite a few more expected to sprout. Dunno where all the seeds are, they just sorta popped up randomly. Anyone want spares once they get larger?

When they get large enough, do a give-away on the Trading Post section. I'm sure you'll find plenty of takers.

Adelae is on my to-grow list. I'd gladly pay for postage to get my hands on some. I might be able to trade some D. intermedia if you think you want some.

Adelea sprout up from roots that surface. They grow like weeds for me. Great plants! This "tray of Adalea" is about 4 years old now.

I got an Adelea a month or so ago and it's been struggling to grow. It's basically died down to the roots now :-(
I've got it in my Terrarium now and really hoping it will grow back. It's the only Drosera so far that I struggle to grow in my conditions.

I got an Adelea a month or so ago and it's been struggling to grow. It's basically died down to the roots now :-(
I've got it in my Terrarium now and really hoping it will grow back. It's the only Drosera so far that I struggle to grow in my conditions.

How are you growng it? All it needs is bright light and keep it in a shallow water tray / saucer or distilled or rainwater.

I used to have adelea in my old 20 gal. peat bog terrarium. They grew like WEEDS.
I also had a very minimal lighting which is super surprising to me.

Drosera adelae is creating several clones of itself, and a tray full of sphagnum moss had 3 rotundifolia sprout in the past few days, with quite a few more expected to sprout. Dunno where all the seeds are, they just sorta popped up randomly. Anyone want spares once they get larger?

Heh, I was just about to walk down to Lowes and see if they have any D. Adelae deathcubes in stock. :)

I used to have adelea in my old 20 gal. peat bog terrarium. They grew like WEEDS.
I also had a very minimal lighting which is super surprising to me.

Not surprising to me --- isn't Adelae one of the lower light Sundews? They probably loved it.

Last edited:
Heh, I was just about to walk down to Lowes and see if they have any D. Adelae deathcubes in stock. :)

Not surprising to me --- isn't Adelae one of the lower light Sundews? They probably loved it.

They will take lower light levels but like bright light. Even some morning and late afternoon Sun. It reddens the leaves.

Like this one I've had growing for about 3 years:

They will take lower light levels but like bright light. Even some morning and late afternoon Sun. It reddens the leaves.

Like this one I've had growing for about 3 years:

Beautiful plants! I want my Adelea to grow like that
I'm growing mine in shallow water and under my CFL lights. I've got Venusta, Spatulata, Burmannii and a few other growing in the same Terrarium

Last edited:
I tried adelae once but failed with it. Then again very few Drosera do well under my care.

Why not make a small ant colony and sundews inside a controlled enclosure? :D

I had a look at my Adelae today AND :woot: It looks like it's got new growth points coming out of the medium!

photo4.jpg

photo2-2.jpg

The larger green on the right seems to be another form of Drosera, think it might be Burmannii

Struggle to get macro shots with the Phone camera.. bleh

Last edited:
I had a look at my Adelae today AND :woot: It looks like it's got new growth points coming out of the medium!

photo4.jpg

photo2-2.jpg

The larger green on the right seems to be another form of Drosera, think it might be Burmannii

Struggle to get macro shots with the Phone camera.. bleh

YAY! They will sprout plantlets EVERYWHERE if you let them! I even get them coming out of the drain holes out of the bottom of the pots. Just give them bright light and keep them in a water tray, you can't miss.

Can't wait! Would love to have myself an Adelae "Forest" growing in my Terrarium :water:

Back