What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

white fuzz, Drosera filiformis x intermedia, what is it? help! pic included

Received this plant about 4 days ago. Also I"m curious is it necessary that I put the moss on top?

I did that because I was concerned about soil temperature.

USDA zone 9B

Northern California

July average temperature
day 75-85
night 55-60

July average humidity
day 20-50%
night 50-80%

Soil - equal parts peat moss and perlite

Water - distilled, tray method.

Full direct sun 7AM - 5PM

Outdoor

Thanks guys!

They're probably just hairs that come from the filiformis side. Nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
Those are just its pubes (pubescence). It's growing up..

It is not starting a hibernacula, D. filiformis (and many of its hybrids) just naturally have a thick layer of hairs around the base of the leaves. A hibernacula will be notably hard and completely covered in the hairs, and there would be no new leaves emerging from the center like there are on yours.

I feel like my D. filiformis Florida red is going dormant as well, much earlier than I'd expect. Will it stay dormant through the winter? Seems strange to me.

I feel like my D. filiformis Florida red is going dormant as well, much earlier than I'd expect. Will it stay dormant through the winter? Seems strange to me.

Hey Tacks, fellow bay area grower :) glad to see more. ya i thought it's a bit too early.....

Back