What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help ID a rescued sundew please and thank you with pic

I saw this at a local nursery under a table in the dark.

Is this a cape sundew?

IMG_1546_zps11cb8512.jpg

IMG_1545_zpscd2bf1cc.jpg

help pro favor, gracias.

Yup. Looks like D.capensis var. alba.

I think this is just normal D. capensis, not var. alba. The tentacle tips are still red/pink, while they should be clear or white in var. alba. The plant is probably just lacking coloration from severe light deprivation.

I do see some very light pink on the plant, it just didn't show due to my crappy photography skill. Should've noted that. Thanks guys!!!

Can I assume regardless of wether its a alba or normal capensis, the care requirement are the same?

Last edited:
Either way, your identification is correct. Expect it to grow like a weed, I've seen them sprout plantlets out of the bottom of the pot!

Could be a normal capensis, just grown under very poor lighting. The new leaves should reveal what form it really is.

oh, i plan to put it outside under neath a rack of my other cp plants...... usda zone 9b here.

it'll rest on a windowsill for a week before i put it out.

Last edited:
Back