What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good looking dews johnny!

Drosera menziesii - Just missed these being open.

Drosera porrecta - Southern Form

Drosera porrecta - Northern Form

Drosera prostratoscaposa

Drosera rupicola

Drosera subhirtella

Last edited:
D. menziesii bloom for me at their apex about noon. then pollen shed shortly after 1:00-2:00pm. Is a pain. only see on weekends or if playing hoooky from work....

Looks good johnny! Love the rupicola.

D. porrecta is ridiculously beautiful. That's a gotta-have!

D.porrecta is among my favorites. If you like that one though, wait till you see D.platypoda......

D. rupicola

flowers stay open all day all night. Has a fragrance. I am guessing might be moth pollinated.

D. stolonifera:

D. rupicola

flowers stay open all day all night. Has a fragrance. I am guessing might be moth pollinated.

D. stolonifera:

Great info, and great dews! Will have to try these in the future some time...particularly love the little Drosera menziesii forest!

A note to Joseph Clemens:

Please make sure that you are correct before rudely and passive aggressively "correcting" peoples posts on here with your glaring red edits. It seems that you're using a single seldom updated source for you're poor information. You're making yourself look like an idiot and a total jerk. Also, it is in poor taste and generally considered a "no no" to respond to the growlists of other members on here. Your assessment of the plant N.alata "boschiana mimic" in D_muscipulas growlist is also incorrect, the plant has since been renamed N.gracilliflora.

I realize that this post is not the best way to address this issue but, you reap what you sow Joseph. Please go back through any of my posts that you've pirated and remove any of your "corrections". Please address any future issues you might have with other members nomenclature either as posts in the thread or via pm. I'm speaking for many of us here, your recent behavior has made several people unhappy.

I will remove the text in this post once the issue has been resolved and I ask that other members not respond to this in this thread.

Last edited:
Good looking drosera kulamauiman!

The fan-leaved tuberous sundews are always fascinating when they grow out. I currently only have stolonifera actively growing for me (and they're getting large), nice to see shots of others in full growth too....

The fan-leaved tuberous sundews are always fascinating when they grow out. I currently only have stolonifera actively growing for me (and they're getting large), nice to see shots of others in full growth too....

Old pic of plants in 1 gallon nursery pot for size ref:

Gorgeous plants Mach. Really wish I could grow mine under natural sunlight.

Oh, how I can't wait to see mine reach that stage..... :drool:

Drosera porrecta - Northern Form

Drosera porrecta - Southern Form

Some new tubers.......

Drosera erythrorhiza

Drosera gigantea

Drosera hirsuta

Drosera lowriei - "Giant Plants"

Drosera magna

Drosera platypoda

Drosera prophylla

Drosera prostrata

And finally, a close up of some Drosera lowriei "Type" seeds.

Last edited:
I'm keeping a close eye on this thread. Such amazing species! There seems to be a lot of variation in the look of the various tubers. Is there a lot of difference in the sizes?

Yes, there's quite a bit of difference in the size of mature tubers between the species. The biggest I've seen personally are tubers of D.gigantea and D.squamosa. These D.lowriei "Giant" tubers are a little more than twice the size of the standard form. Can't wait to see the actual plants from these !

Are those new tubers Johnny?

I've been meaning to ask you about u. Menziesii. Did yours look like this when you received it?

Yup, all new stuff. There's a lot more as well, just havent photographed them yet.

Yes, that is definitely a cluster of U.menziesii tubers. There's probably about 6 of them within that fiberous sheath.

Back