What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera oblanceolata care

I got this plant about a month ago. It doesn't seem to like its current growing conditions. I am growing it with my petiolaris Drosera (which are doing great) on a windowsill in an enclosed container. The humidity and temperatures are pretty high.

DSC_0930.jpg

The plant has shrunk even though I have fed it three times and it appears to have digested the food.

DSC_0184.jpg

I can't find much cultivation information for this species online. Grow Sundews says that it like high humidity which I am definitely providing, and the light seems to be enough for the petiolaris Drosera.

They like cool temps, humidity, lots of light and mine like growing in live sphag. In your case, I would try bringing the temps down and see if that helps.

They like cool temps, humidity, lots of light and mine like growing in live sphag. In your case, I would try bringing the temps down and see if that helps.

Ok thanks, I will move it to a different container that doesn't get as hot.

Your plant doesn't much look like a D. oblanceolata. Are you sure about the ID?
Looks a bit spatulesque to me...

Your plant doesn't much look like a D. oblanceolata. Are you sure about the ID?
Looks a bit spatulesque to me...

I don't know. Maybe someone else can chime in.

The leaves of D. oblanceolata usually have laminas that are more elongated that those of your plant. Also, although specimens are sometimes observed to have flattened, round laminas like those of your plant due to genetic variability in the species, the petioles are generally thinner in all D. oblanceolata, like a tropical D. rotundifolia almost. I agree that your plant does seem to indicate some influence from D. spatulata.

Last edited:
Back