What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera recovery time from mail

Hi,
I'm new to CPs. I just got my Cape Sundew from the mail on Thursday and I was wondering when they can recover and start producing dews again. Right now it's under a T5 HO light (which I just got last night). I set a timer for 16 hours. It's in the tank that gets up to 80 degrees. I got it with (I believe) 1:1 peat:perlite from the flytrap shop website.

Thanks! :)

D. capensis will recover in less than a week if shipped bare-root. Shipped potted, there will usually be hardly any setback at all.

I agree. They will usually produce new day tentacles within a week or so with good water and light provided.these are very hardy CPs so you can't really do much wrong with them...give them time to adjust to life outside of a jiggled around package and you'll be quite surprised at how fast they'll recover :) Goodluck

I've only had one sundew shipped to me bare-root and it was already looking much healthier in about a week. After a month I couldn't even tell it had been bare-rooted.

Thanks everyone! I just fed it yesterday and it curled :)

Also depends on how it was shipped. Sometimes you will only see a little hickup in the dew production.

Back