What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera regia

I've just made the December video and it looks a little silly to post empty pots without the reference to the plants in full growth so I'll repost the June video in this thread too.

Ah well, it'll not let me post both videos, not even if I put the second in a reply so I'll just not bother.

They're both available on my own site.

Last edited:
Enjoyable videos, Fred! That's a very nice site.

Thank you

Did you remove the videos?

Ich war nicht in der Lage, sowohl von den Videos zu diesem Thema veröffentlichen, so, ja, ich habe sie entfernen.
Sie können auf meiner eigenen Website eingesehen werden

The D. regia are now all into new growth. I mean every pot as there are still some growth points holding back just in case. They'll catch up in time.
Here's a selection.

26425733653_54ecdfb8a4_o.jpg

I enjoyed the videos and the website, very nice and thank you for posting with the reference to your website :-D

Very nice Fredg!
Does it get very cold in your environment for them to go into dormancy like that?

Last edited:
It would seem that they start dormancy as daylight hours shorten. Autumn is when they decide to go to bed.

A few years ago the larger pots ( 7" squares) were subjected to a long hard winter with the temperature nadir at -18C (0F).

Tough plant :-O

Very interesting, mine has never gone into dormancy but of course my conditions differ.
Regia still remains one of my favourite.

Last edited:
This had me doing a double take today, a fork leaved Drosera regia. I t may be that D.regia and D. binata have been having an illicit relationship, after all who really knows what goes on when the lights go out :-O:blush::censor:

In all probability it's a result of aphid damage but that's too boring so I prefer my first thoughts :-D

27456095725_0435269ff8_o.jpg

Since the leaf isn't otherwise deformed, I would think it's just a random growth abnormality rather than a result of pest damage. Looks great!

Oh I'll stick with the aphid damage ;)

I have a Drosera adelae that put out a few similar forked leaves.

Good growing,
Mike

Last edited:
Satan! has been busy.

26917016373_95967a315d_o.jpg

Eek! He's done it again in my D. regia on a different plant AND he's forked a D capensis inflorescence :ohno:

I had a couple of decent sized dead insects and didn't think they should be wasted. D. regia appears to agree.

27775833202_a13f9552ec_o.jpg

Back