What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera Adelae Observation

I find it really strange how everybody has had such varied success/failures with this plant. :scratch:

Maybe its because of the difference between different clones?

Wow those are some nice flowers. I haven't had mine flower yet, though it hasn't been terribly happy most of the time I've had it.

I have also had varied success with this species. I got one about 2 years ago and it did so bad that I thought I lost it, it came back from root and had a tiny plant grow in my grow rack, I increased the humidity and it grew quite a bit and after a while I even started decreasing humidity and it did fine. BUT then I re-potted it and it went downhill again :crap:
I have got in covered in a zip lock bag again to see if I can't get it to recover like I did previously. Time will tell.

I just noticed that adelae will form plantlets underground. I'll do more looking to see if it's because of the transparent pot or not.

I just noticed that adelae will form plantlets underground. I'll do more looking to see if it's because of the transparent pot or not.

It most definitely is. D. adelae will grow plantlets anywhere there is light and seems to seek out light sources to start new plantlets when under stress.

They do this is solid color pots as well. When they find a hole they exploit it.

They do this is solid color pots as well. When they find a hole they exploit it.

I know they use holes in the bottom of pots, but I thought that was just roots coming out and happening to find the light. This one is flat out pressed against the side in the pot.

Back