Informational! Informational!:  2
Likes Likes:  12
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Drosera graomogolensis questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adding a better picture of the new growth on leaves. Should be better to see in this photo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm counting over 20 of these popping up all over the leaves.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nauz View Post
    I'm counting over 20 of these popping up all over the leaves.
    They are visible on the first photos as well when viewed at full resolution. I stick to my original assessment. It might be a bit of a balance to dry out the top of the soil some and still allow the new sprouts to develop. Perhaps if you do it very slowly you can pull it off. I would err to the side of the original plant if it was me, though. This seems to need it drier but the new nubs of growth with need it on the wetter side to develop. Even if you maintain the moisture level where it's been you will need to decrease it at some point when the little ones have formed complete root systems.

I wish you success.
    Last edited by bluemax; 03-15-2016 at 11:21 PM.
    - Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemax View Post
    They are visible on the first photos as well when viewed at full resolution. I stick to my original assessment. It might be a bit of a balance to dry out the top of the soil some and still allow the new sprouts to develop. Perhaps if you do it very slowly you can pull it off. I would err to the side of the original plant if it was me, though. This seems to need it drier but the new nubs of growth with need it on the wetter side to develop. Even if you maintain the moisture level where it's been you will need to decrease it at some point when the little ones have formed complete root systems.

I wish you success.
    Then it was most likely the sphagnum top dressing then. I removed this a few days ago and noticed these. Don't think any new ones so far and I'm unsure if the sprouts even have their own root system yet or if they are using the original mother plant still. This all probably happened because the crown was stressed and when recovering it the conditions where more then perfect. Growing sprouts out the leaves where the dew tentacles once where. But the crown recovered and now I'm left with sprouts and the original plant. Maybe later one when they have a few more growth on them I can examine them further to see if they have their own roots to divide them. I sure don't wanna risk loosing them right now. Would this be considered clones at this point?

Chris

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nauz View Post
    Then it was most likely the sphagnum top dressing then. I removed this a few days ago and noticed these. Don't think any new ones so far and I'm unsure if the sprouts even have their own root system yet or if they are using the original mother plant still. This all probably happened because the crown was stressed and when recovering it the conditions where more then perfect. Growing sprouts out the leaves where the dew tentacles once where. But the crown recovered and now I'm left with sprouts and the original plant. Maybe later one when they have a few more growth on them I can examine them further to see if they have their own roots to divide them. I sure don't wanna risk loosing them right now. Would this be considered clones at this point?

Chris
    Yes, Chris - 'clone' or propagant are the terms I would use. If the new little ones are attached firmly to the parent plant then they will share its fate, good or otherwise. This simplifies things a lot. If all goes well there will come a time when they can be separated and put in their own pots. It may take some weeks or even months.
    - Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Chris - 'clone' or propagant are the terms I would use. If the new little ones are attached firmly to the parent plant then they will share its fate, good or otherwise. This simplifies things a lot. If all goes well there will come a time when they can be separated and put in their own pots. It may take some weeks or even months.
    Awesome, thought I lost one now looks like I've been gifted a bunch to watch over. Thanks everyone for the great advice. Never seen anything like this before. Have heard of plants coming off root systems but never seen a live plant grow new growth like this.

Chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any help with what may be causing the blackish material on the back of my leaves? It seems to wash off with mist.

Thanks
    Chris

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Humic acid buildup

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast