What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera graomogolensis questions

Then it was most likely the sphagnum top dressing then. I removed this a few days ago and noticed these. Don't think any new ones so far and I'm unsure if the sprouts even have their own root system yet or if they are using the original mother plant still. This all probably happened because the crown was stressed and when recovering it the conditions where more then perfect. Growing sprouts out the leaves where the dew tentacles once where. But the crown recovered and now I'm left with sprouts and the original plant. Maybe later one when they have a few more growth on them I can examine them further to see if they have their own roots to divide them. I sure don't wanna risk loosing them right now. Would this be considered clones at this point?

Chris

Yes, Chris - 'clone' or propagant are the terms I would use. If the new little ones are attached firmly to the parent plant then they will share its fate, good or otherwise. This simplifies things a lot. If all goes well there will come a time when they can be separated and put in their own pots. It may take some weeks or even months.

Yes, Chris - 'clone' or propagant are the terms I would use. If the new little ones are attached firmly to the parent plant then they will share its fate, good or otherwise. This simplifies things a lot. If all goes well there will come a time when they can be separated and put in their own pots. It may take some weeks or even months.

Awesome, thought I lost one now looks like I've been gifted a bunch to watch over. Thanks everyone for the great advice. Never seen anything like this before. Have heard of plants coming off root systems but never seen a live plant grow new growth like this.

Chris

Any help with what may be causing the blackish material on the back of my leaves? It seems to wash off with mist.

Thanks
Chris

e1e6d0efdcd91578840755c416570634.jpg

Any help with what may be causing the blackish material on the back of my leaves? It seems to wash off with mist.

Thanks
Chris

It looks like it could possibly be black mold to me. If so this is usually a sign of excessive moisture. I'd keep an eye on it. If you are drying things out some it might fade with time.

It looks like it could possibly be black mold to me. If so this is usually a sign of excessive moisture. I'd keep an eye on it. If you are drying things out some it might fade with time.

It can be washed off with water drops, would that be something you can do to black mold or is it just humic acid?

bf79c4c275bcdd7a33685b23976fcf4e.jpg

Finally divided the plants. About 5 total now.

Back