What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera graomogolensis questions

Yes, or whatever methods works best to get the fertilizer mixture onto your sundew.

Yes, or whatever methods works best to get the fertilizer mixture onto your sundew.

Now does that work with pitchers, or do you put the fertilizer inside the cups instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be better to put fertilizer in the pitcher, seeing as that's where it's designed to absorb nutrients.

Would be better to put fertilizer in the pitcher, seeing as that's where it's designed to absorb nutrients.

Okay I see the concept here then. I figured so just wanted to be sure and not do something stupid you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e4ba2aedb3b4e213b8ebb25f6cb472a9.jpg

So one of the D. Graomogolensis survived. The other plant in not sure about because below the top there is good green color. Who knows if that one will bounce back.

In good humidity this species easily rebounds from the roots or core of the plant if the reason for the original damage is removed. I have seen them die completely down to dead brown leaves only to sprout out again more than once.

In good humidity this species easily rebounds from the roots or core of the plant if the reason for the original damage is removed. I have seen them die completely down to dead brown leaves only to sprout out again more than once.

So you suggest to remove the dead part on that one?

So you suggest to remove the dead part on that one?

I would leave it as is. So much of the game is just giving the best conditions you can and waiting with crossed fingers. It seems to me that some of my better successes happened because I was distracted with something else at the time. :p

I would leave it as is. So much of the game is just giving the best conditions you can and waiting with crossed fingers. It seems to me that some of my better successes happened because I was distracted with something else at the time. :p

Well I'm glad I saved one, both came bare root wrapped in a paper towel that was wet. Gave them both same conditions. The smaller one survived but the larger one looks like after awhile might pop up with a new plant near it possibly idk. The leaves below the top look someone healthy. Hopefully it pulls through.

As soon as I get home I will post a pic

Here is the pic, sorry for the delay. It's less than an inch across, but it's finally recovering
e77561ba447b2b0add2d19e7f82fbcd2.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Here is the pic, sorry for the delay. It's less than an inch across, but it's finally recovering
e77561ba447b2b0add2d19e7f82fbcd2.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Your plant is looking really good, they really do like moist medium. I'm using a 1/1/1 peat/perlite/silica sand and a top dressing of live sphagnum.

How's that mix working out for you?

How's that mix working out for you?

So far so good actually, the plant is recovering vary well. I just keep the humidity above 70 and below 80%.

Nice! My plant isn't dewing up as much because it's being grown at room humidity. The only extra humidity is the one from the sphagnum moss, but it should be fine regardless.

Nice! My plant isn't dewing up as much because it's being grown at room humidity. The only extra humidity is the one from the sphagnum moss, but it should be fine regardless.

I think what my original mistake and not knowing what was best in the first place was using miracle grow perlite and peat. Once I changed over to no fertilizer peat and perlite with a bit of sand helped out a lot. I could probably take off the top dressing of sphagnum and my plant would be fine. I only used the top dressing to help it recover. Having too much moisture I can see problems a bit later.

7c98304fd08ff548ba3afa56ff5e9c62.jpg

I see life. May your grao live many years.

Back