What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera seedeverywherei

Here's part of a pot of Drosera seedeverywherei. I've no idea where it came from or where it's going, it's nothing to do with me , honest Guv.

26094010960_2909e39bb4_o.jpg

My best guess would be that it's one of the D. spatulata complex. Those things can sense a bare patch of medium from 10 miles.

They look like very young D. Burmanii to me, but I doubt that they could be identified precisely at this age.

'Like'

They look like very young D. Burmanii to me, but I doubt that they could be identified precisely at this age.

Don't attempt identification Curtis. If you come up with species I don't have it just looks silly.

Drosera with this general shape can teleport into suitable habitats from across the planet. Or their seeds can take forever to sprout even in ideal conditions. It's gotta be one of the two.

Thanks Cruzzfish. Which two?

Breezy day across the globe + ripe seed pods + a patch of damp soil = instant dewy weed garden!

That reminds me I have a seedling I need to identify. I found one growing in the back of a Heliamphora pot. The only flower that grew above that location was D. capensis, yet it does not look like one (and it's big enough that it should be obvious.)

Have fun with your dewy carpet!

How are they doing today? Or did you throw them away?

Back