What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera flexicaulis cultivation

Does anyone have experience cultivating Drosera flexicaulis? I have it growing indoors in a terrarium under lights, but I'm not sure that that is the right thing to do since there isn't that much light and it looks rather etiolated. If I grew it outside I would be able to give it full sun but would those conditions be too harsh for it? Temperatures are around 70-80 degrees during the day and maybe 65 at the lowest at night. I give it some Maxsea every couple of months and am growing it in peat. I have been growing it since July of last year.

Mld0TC2.jpg

Being a close relative of affinis, I would assume it likes really strong light and warm temperatures, but changes to any new conditions will require acclimation. I would love to get this species at some point and compare it to the affinis I grow.

Back