What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help

Hello everyone, I planted drosera seeds the 23rd of last month and this is what it looks like, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong. I live in Puerto Rico
50ff20bed474bd62a6ba0170dca21163.jpg
Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Your pots and media look OK. Looks like about a 1: 1 , peat: perlite mix.
What species of Drosera are they?
Don't start to worry until 2 or months have gone by. Many species need a month to two months for germination.
Are you sitting your pots in a shallow tray of distilled water? You want the media moist but not sopping wet.
Put the pots in a bright location but sheltered from mid-day sun. You're in the topics, new seedlings can be a little sensitive.
Consider covering the pots with something clear until they sprout, keeping them out of direct sun if you do this. Higher humidity encourages germination.

Good growing,
Mike

Sometimes drosera can take a while to germinate. Just sit on the pots for a few more months. It usually pays to hold onto pots with no apparent life in them. It'll be a few weeks of nothing and then they surprise you with results.

Media look to dry to me. How are you watering?

Which Drosera seed did you sow?

I wouldn't say it looks dry, more like there's a bit too much perlite. The plants probably won't care though as long as the pots are kept in a tray.

The medium level has dropped and there's a gap at the pot sides. It shouldn't be like that.

Capensis, and I water with a mist sprayer, I have them in a greenhouse. At first I covered with a suranwrap then someone told me to uncover. At first I had them inside my house then I put them in the greenhouse.

Put the pots in trays or saucers of water and do not let them dry out.

Thanks

Back