What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera finlaysoniana update

Shadowtski

Supporter
I borrowed my wife's cute pink ruler and measured how tall my Drosera finlaysoniana has become. The bottom of the ruler is resting on the soil surface. I tried to get the camera as level as possible to prevent perspective distortion. The plants are taller than 11 inches now. If you measure how tall the flowers are, the height exceeds a foot. This species has completely exceeded my expectations.

Good growing,
Mike

Drosera%20finlaysoniana%20005.jpg

Very impressive size on those plants. I'll go stare impatiently at my pots of seed for a while now. Are those in one large pot? How tall is it?

All my D. finlaysoniana are in one pot. It is six inches in diameter and about six inches tall. I started my seeds in water filled test tubes. I put them in a two inch pot upon germination. When they were about a half inch tall, I transferred them into the six inch pot. It looks like an impenetrable forest of stickiness with hundreds of trapped houseflies and empty carcasses of other flying insects. I never grew anything in the Drosera indica complex before this year. I am now a solid fan of this Sundew.

Good growing,
Mike

Back