What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tuberous drosera dormancy help

Hello! I just recieved a Drosera zigzagia in the mail and it is just a pot of moss on the surface. I assume it is still dormant. This is my first tuberous Drosera and I want to do it right. How do I go about waking it from dormancy? Do I wait to water until I see growth or should I put it in a tray of water. And is it a good idea to unpot and repot? I have a link to the picture below:

Flickr

I would top water the pot lightly every couple days until you see new growth on the surface which I would expect within the next month. D. zigzagia is a small species so it may be difficult to see when it first emerges. After that, put it in a water tray. The pot actually looks more moist than I've been keeping mine during dormancy. I use a laboratory squeeze bottle, though a spray bottle should work fine too.

Thank you! I'll follow your advice.

Back