What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there something in particular that causes drosera capensis to flower? Certain number of hours of daylight or an over abundance of food? I brought my plants inside for the winter 2 weeks ago (zone 8) and put them in my grow tent only to have them explode into flower again, some plants with multiple flowers. I feel bad cutting of the flowers so I leave them on. I already have a couple hundred of these things growing so not like I need the seeds to grow more.

When they were outside I had them next to my compost bin so they were always covered in fruit flies. Since bringing them in I've fertilized them once with dried bloodworms. Figured they'd need a little energy to grow new leaves to deal with the different light source (LED).

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
D. capensis flowers when it feels like it. I've noticed that it seems to flower more when fed, and may not flower at all when not fed.

Back