What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera hartmeyerorum Update

Shadowtski

Supporter
Drosera%20hartmeyerorum%20012.jpg

My D. hartmeyerorum is getting ready to open its flowers any day now.

As soon as I saw the scape appear, I started feeding it a little heavier.

A special "Thank you!" to Paul for the seeds.

Good growing,
Mike

Beautiful, congrats. BTW, I tried cross pollinating this species with D. indica. The two do not hybridized at all.

Beautiful, congrats. BTW, I tried cross pollinating this species with D. indica. The two do not hybridized at all.

Have you tried Franken-Crossing hartmeyerorum with finlaysoniana? Maybe get something that looks like hartmeyerorum but cultivates as easily as finlaysoniana? :)

Good growing,
Mike

A beautiful plant, Shadowtski. So - it's about 6 inches tall, judging from the pot tag behind it?

A beautiful plant, Shadowtski. So - it's about 6 inches tall, judging from the pot tag behind it?

Yes, I didn't measure it but it's between 5 and 6 inches tall.

Glad to hear it's doing well for ya, Mike!

Glad to hear it's doing well for ya, Mike!

Thanks Paul, I have my fingers crossed that it will give me some seed. I talked to one grower and his flowered but never produced seed. I'm feeding it bloodworm bits every few days now, so it will have enough energy to produce seed without unduly taxing the plant. How often did you feed yours when it was flowering.

Good Growing and thanks again,
Mike

Looks very nice. How long did it take from germination to flowering?

Looks very nice. How long did it take from germination to flowering?

I planted them in the beginning of June on the 10th. They germinated June 21st. So that's a little over 5 months germination to flowering. This was my second sowing. My first got wiped out and washed away by an unexpected storm.

Good growing,
Mike

How often did you feed yours when it was flowering.

Good Growing and thanks again,
Mike

I didn't. :D. But mine were outside all summer, so they had to rely on nature supplying "free range" morsels. :p

Back