What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it to soon?

Hello. I received some D. Pulchella gemmae a few weeks back and set them right up in some pots. I tried using some ziplock bags to put them in but for some reason the kept deflating and sagging over the pots blocking the light. So I put them in a clear tub and covered it with plastic wrap. now they are doing great. they all have a fuzzy arm on them. Now my question is. Should I take off the plastic wrap or should I let them get bigger first? If it is time should I take it off a little at a time over a few days or just peel it off?

Thanks for any and all help. This is my first time trying to grow any CP

Always a good idea to wait until you think their roots have developed, that takes a bit of inference and guesswork on the grower's part.

Rule of thumb seems to be if it's got good leaves and dew on it then it's got good roots. Roots and leaves tend to reflect each other's size - i.e. if the roots die so do the leaves. If the leaves are small then expect something's happened to the roots, etc.

What do they look like now?

Sent from my SM-G935V

I tried the saran on top of the fish tank last year. I got poor 'germination' and when I took the wrap off, they ALL eventually died.

2015-12-06%2017.54.07_zpszi0q5mbg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is what I did this season:

101_97001_zpsubajjjsh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sorry for the late update. Life has been nuts. Here is what they look like up to date. They all have 3-4 leafs. One might have 5. hope the pic is ok I used a new site.

Pullchella-L.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I think there ready. How big should holes be when I make them?

Back