What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera cistiflora help!!

• Thread starter Kleon2
  • Start date
shadowtski I believe we got it from the same place but I cant understand why my cistiflora still at the rosette stage and your plant is looking nice and has the stalk already?

Plants will wake up from dormancy at different times depending on your exact growing conditions. My plant just popped up 3 weeks ago finally, apparently splitting into two plants over the summer, and the slightly larger one is just starting to form a stem now. I swear the leaves are smaller than last year though.

But my plant woke up at the beginning of the end of dormancy and has been in the rosette stage since then and mine looks greener and bigger than shadowtski plant just the rosette ��

Your plant looks perfectly healthy so I wouldn't worry too much. The growth habit does seem to be quite strange though it's not necessarily an indication of a problem. You could always try to remove the moss from around the base of the plant since that's probably what's preventing the roots from penetrating the soil. I would however recommend a much higher sand content in the soil you put around the plant.

Here's my plant (well two now that it divided) a month and a half after emerging from dormancy. Don't mind the D. hookeri volunteer in the back.
Drosera cistiflora, purple flower by Nimbulan, on Flickr

I see ill do just that but as for right now it just looks like it build a rosette on top of another rosette so I'm like clueless as to why but I guess ill have to wait until the next season as for your hookeri my hookeri is also still in the ground so now I'm doubting what I'm doing wrong /...

Back