What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

roxorboxor's Tuberous Dews Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter roxorboxor
  • Start date
I realize I don't post very much here. I've recently moved and will probably find more time for my plants. Anyway this will be a (hopefully) long-running thread about the tuberous dews I have. I don't intend this to be very informative about how I grow them since I just put them outside all year round. Instead this will be more like a yearbook for my plants. (And maybe a look at how my photography skills improve)

Anyway let's get started.
1jlWMIc.jpg

Overview of setup currently
4CvdKY7.jpg

Large clump of menziesii
kMb2TDo.jpg

View from the top
vRRyVnM.jpg

younger tubers of menziesii
lbiXKpK.jpg

daughter tubers sprouting
Q3XnulR.jpg

macrantha "Swamp Form" which I believe is now indumenta
Cinrtw8.jpg

zigzagia fell over but blooms anyway
JPsFlej.jpg

making some daughter tubers
8UAHApH.jpg

hookeri slow starters
XdczPUX.jpg

peltata seedlings

Sorry for the crap photos, I'll work on that.
More to come when they bloom

Last edited:
Always nice to see more people growing tuberous sundews. I'm jealous that you can just leave them outside!

You just leave them outside, huh? 'Wouldn't that be sweet. 'Looking forward to future updates!

Part of my interest in these is that they do well for me outdoors year round. Can't say the same for my poor neps haha (oh god).
I'll try to add a couple photos in the next few days as my menziesii and indumenta are blooming soon.

Shameless plug: I'm looking for more tubers from anyone who happens to have extras! Let me know!

Are the flowers as fragrant as the literature online says they are?

I don't think any of these species have fragrant flowers (I know D. zigzagia doesn't) but some like D. platypoda do.

I only have a few species so I'm not too sure either, but I can take a whiff when the time comes.

Edit: Are these photos too big? I can scale them down more.

Last edited:
Are these photos too big? I can scale them down more.

The resolution you used works for me. This way I can enlarge the photos and see that you are sprouting still more tuberous sundews.

Small update: Flowers!

HG1ENTK.jpg

Overview

FcwDNXM.jpg

D. menziesii opened all at once

VPJrnrD.jpg

D. indumenta opened its first flower for me. Quite large with 7 petals and interesting white fluff in the center (I'm no biologist sorry)

Those flowers really are something. Each one looks really large. How long do they stay open for?

Those menziesii flowers certainly are something.

Those flowers really are something. Each one looks really large. How long do they stay open for?

Only one day for me. I usually miss them since they open around 11am and are closed by the time I get home.

The flowers are surprisingly large, bigger than a quarter in both cases. They're also really soft (like you can't even feel them if you touch them.)

Back